The submission of abstracts for oral presentations is now closed. It is still possible to edit already submitted but unpublished abstracts and to submit abstracts for poster presentation.
If you wish to edit an already published abstract, please contact the ISSSI 2018 Conference Secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org
Once the abstract has been submitted, changes, corrections or rewording will be possible until 8 June 2018.After this date changes will not be possible. Careful typing and proofreading are essential, as the abstract will be published as submitted.
Please note that changes in category are not allowed!
Important: Submitting an abstract for presentation does not constitute registration for the conference. Abstract presenters must register to attend the conference by following the instructions for registration.
Opportunity for late breaking abstracts
Deadline for submission of late breaking abstracts is 8 June 2018
Notice that late breaking abstracts will only be considered for poster presentation.
Reviewing and abstract notification
The abstract reviewing procedure will start on 2 May 2018.
A number of abstracts (three in each session) will be selected for 10 minutes oral presentations. All other qualifying abstracts will be selected for poster presentations.
Notification of acceptance/rejection will be sent by 1 June 2018.
Please read the guidelines below before submitting your abstract.When you are ready to submit your abstract, please click on the link above and follow the instructions.
Contents of your abstract
- The abstract word limit is 250 words .
- Abstracts must be well written and clearly state the aim, methods, results and conclusion of the conducted study.
- The title should be as brief as possible but long enough to clearly indicate the nature of the study. Write the abstract title in CAPITAL LETTERS. No full stop at the end.
- Do not include author names in the title or body of your abstract instead you should enter the names online during the submission process.
- All abbreviations must be defined in first use.
- It is preferred that ISSSI 2018 is the first major presentation of the abstract. If an abstract has been presented before the congress the authors should state this in the end of the abstract.
- All abstracts will be reviewed by two members of the scientific committee and designated for either poster or oral presentations (there will only be a limited number of slots for oral presentations).
- Notification of acceptance or rejection of the abstract will be sent to all authors by 1 June 2018
- Please check that your email address (submitter and presenting author) is correct as it will be used for contacting you after the review process.
- For all enquiries regarding abstracts and speakers, please contact the ISSSI 2018 Conference Secretariat at email@example.com
- It is the responsibility of all investigators that all studies are performed with respect to national legislation, international legislation and ethical guidelines both with regards to humans and animals. The ISSSI 2018 Scientific Committee reserves the right to reject any submitted abstract that is believed to violate these principles.
- Accepted abstracts will be published in the abstract book for the conference and withdrawal of abstracts can only be accepted if notified in writing and subsequently confirmed by the conference secretariat. It is only possible to withdraw an abstract until 14 days after notification on acceptance.
- The presenting author must register as an active participant at the conference at the latest 14 days after acceptance of an abstract. The ISSSI 2018 Conference Secretariat reserves the right to exclude any abstract that is not followed by a participant registration at the latest 14 days after notification of acceptance.